Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from or about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email, telephone number, and social security number (“Personal Information”);
- Information about you individually but does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
Information We Collect
As you navigate through the Website, we may collect two types of information from you: (1) “personally identifiable information” (as described below); and (2) “non-personally identifiable information” (as described below). “Personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through the Website:
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, or other information if you fill out certain forms or online requests on the Website;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and account number if you make a payment on the website.
- Log Information: When you use the Website or view content provided by Company, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you use our service, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by you, date and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests, and referral url.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information: “Demographic Information” may be gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through our services and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
- Location Information: When you use the Website, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, global positioning systems, and other sensors that may provide Company with information about nearby devices and WiFi access points.
- Usage Information: When you use the Website, we may collect and process information about how you sue the Website, including how you move through the Website.
- Feedback Information: From time to time, we may request that you provide us with feedback regarding the Website, as well as the products and services we offer. We may do this in the form of a survey or other feedback mechanism. We may collect and analyze this information.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, or on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit our firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information If you provide us with personally identifiable information, we will only use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it was collected (including in a financial privacy statement). Primarily, we use it to:
- Offer you the products and services you request;
- Help us create or offer content which is relevant to you;
- Allow you to access certain areas of our Website;
- Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Website;
- Alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services offered by us or by third parties;
- Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of any promotion;
- To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of our Website;
- To understand how you use the Website;
- Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content; or
- Contact you in response to an email or other communication.
Disclosures of Your Information
- To fulfill a service to you;
- To send you information, including news, events, job openings and related information that you have subscribed to;
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and from other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our products and services;
- To comply with law, or if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors;
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume information from our visitors or members and provide such information to third parties;
- To protect against fraud or potential fraud.
- We may disclose and share information about you and your use of the Website if we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made;
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to prove you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to prove you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Company or its nonaffiliated partners. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email address]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Information
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information or delete the information by contacting us as indicated below.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Once we receive your information, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password to access our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted vis our Website. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Retention and Deletion
Personally identifiable information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personally identifiable information as follows: name, email address, phone number, job title, company name will be retained for a minimum period of 30 days following the date that you complete a contact form on our Website, and for a maximum period of 60 months following the date that you consent for us to store your personal information. In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personally identifiable information will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria: the period of retention of name, email address, phone number, job title, company name will be determined based on the nature of the inquiry information included within the contact form submission, or lack thereof. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personally identifiable information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 1 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Company. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. Company strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Company does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or lease your Personal Information and we do not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may transfer your information to a third party as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of the business. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
Changes to this Policy